Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I just wanted to write really quickly because this is one of those moments I love. We delivered popcorn today, put up the tree and decorated the house for Christmas. N fell asleep and the rest of us are working on a new puzzle and reading. We are whispering so we don't wake N even though we aren't in the same room. It's bliss. Pork roast in the crock pot and trying to figure out how to serve navy beans. I love these winter moments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy Thanksgiving, Harris family. Sending you lots of love from North Carolina. xoxo

sue said...

Your description of the family 'huddle' is perfect; I remember those days...nothing could be sweeter.

sue said...

I love that crockpots are making a resurgence! What a brilliant idea! Throw the food in a pot in the morning and return home to the wonderful aroma of a home-cooked meal....and then, to make matters even better, you get to sit down and eat it!!! YAY technology!!! Crockpots for everyone!!