Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I really hope not

because it can ruin an otherwise lovely morning.

So,

A person has to try really hard using all available power to:

1. Figure out how to seperate the work from the identity. I have really concentrated on this over the last few years and I'm getting better. It used to be wrapped up so tightly to me that I couldn't imagine myself without imagining work. I think it helps that other things are really good. I have a husband who understands and who is my partner, I live in a dreamy home with a piano and lake front view and everything. And when we drive home we let the things roll off of us.

2. I pray. A lot. This is interesting, because its kind of new and I feel strange praying when my true religious views remain unreconciled. But, I do it anyway because sometimes it is the only thing to do.

3. And, I try to do better, always. Because I think there is always room for improvement. Room to react differently or learn things about consigning freight to Russia.

4. And I remember that there are some places in this world where the people tend to be harder than we are here. This is a generalization but I have found it to be almost exclusively true. Russia is one of them. My opinion in my dealings is that Russians are a hard people. They bark at you and think you are wrong almost always at first. And, they have had to be hard because I guess life is rough in Russia and cold and the government is at times not incredibly friendly to its people. That sounds stupid. I don't really know why.

1 comment:

sue said...

omygod..............a real world view. I always say that when I get to the pearly gates, if I'm greeted heartily, it's b/c I raised 3 kids who have such wonderful spirits. I take no credit, mind you....but I do get to marvel at it. Emails may come and go, and people can be as pissy as they want (to cover their own incompetence), but our spirit can't be broken. It's one thing I know for sure. Why? B/c better people than this Russian have tried and we're still here....I love you, Megan.