Monday, November 5, 2007

"Pork is Tricky"

I like pork better than chicken. But, a few years ago when I was talking to someone about my New Year's resolution, which was to learn how to cook different kinds of meat in order to satisfy my carnivorous husband and stepson, he/she said something to the effect of "Be careful with pork. It can be really tricky."

So, I have been careful. Really careful. Such that I gaze at butterflied pork chops at the grocery store but don't buy them because "Pork is tricky" and I'm afraid they will come out dry. These kinds of warnings tend to have a big effect on me. Sometimes I don't even let myself look at the pork.

Needless to say, since I have started my love affair with Super Suppers, which deserves its own post, our home is suddenly filled with cooking pork smells. Curried Pork Chops with couscous. Pork loin with Potato/corn casserole, pork loin with cranberry/citrus marinade. And I have to say, it has worked out very well so far. J is loving it and I am too.

This is terrible. I think I am supposed to almost be a vegetarian or something. Because that is what people do now. But, it probably won't happen. Because I like pork.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

PLEASE post about Super Suppers!

Unknown said...

do we know Tara?